About me

Hi! I am Asta! I am a philologist and a philocalist to the heart's core. Here I share things that I consider being aesthetic and fantastic!

12 Sept 2016

Exploring Poland, Part 5: Lublin Voivodeship

According to Wikipedia, Lublin is the 9th largest city in Poland. For us, Lithuanians, it is important because of the year 1569, the Union of Lublin. Since we stayed in Kazimierz Dolny, Lublin was not too far away, so at (almost) the end of our journey, we got to explore the Lublin Voivodeship.




Lublin is a wonderful city. I fell in love with its cozy oldtown, filled with little cafes and restaurants. 



If you have some free time, go to the Lublin Castle, to see the chapel from middle ages. It is famous for its frescoes.




The best way to get to know the history of this region is through skansens. We visited one impressive skansen in the outskirts of Lublin.









Again, this skansen felt really alive because of lots of domestic birds, horses, goats, well, you name it. I think it's a very good practice and a great attraction for little visitors of these kind of museums.
   Before heading to our last destination - Warsaw, we stopped by in Janowiec to see an immense castle and another (very small) skansen.











My next post will feature the most important things of Warsaw, which I really enjoyed! Stay tuned!




Photos © Vincas Razma and Asta Skujytė-Razmienė

Comments