About me

Hi! I am Asta! I am a philologist and a philocalist to the heart's core. Here I share things that I consider being aesthetic and fantastic!

30 Nov 2016

Of Christmas Trees and Spirits

These past few days I've been discovering Riga that is preparing for Christmas and  have to admit that it looks M A G I C A L! City's medieval appearance intertwines with jolly Christmas tunes that are played in Doma Laukums all day long, and I, personally, really enjoy the possibility to grab a glass of mulled wine from a sweet old lady in the Christmas market (what I did while waiting the lighting of Christmas tree three days ago). Riga is the very place to feel the coming of biggest festivities!



I am especially glad that on the day of lighting the Christmas tree, snow started to fall! Riga now is covered in white and this time it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!














Photos © Asta Skujytė-Razmienė

Comments