About me

Hi! I am Asta! I am a philologist and a philocalist to the heart's core. Here I share things that I consider being aesthetic and fantastic!

25 May 2017

Vanna Tallinn

Somehow my (supposed to be) lifestyle blog is turning to one about travels and traveling. I wouldn't say that I travel that often, actually, but it takes some time to edit photos and think what I should write about. But the main reason, I guess, is the fact that for these past two months I've been living in Estonia, and that's automatically an abroad in my case, so everything that I do here must be labeled as a part of my (soon-come-to-an-end) journey. So, this post about my second trip to Tallinn is no exception!






During my first trip I discovered Tallinn together with my sister. This time it was my friend and work colleague who suggested to see how Estonian capital looks now, when it's almost summer. I happily agreed and bought bus tickets to this fascinating medieval city!


Tallinn is blooming, and quite literally. Parks are full of daffodils, tulips and other sorts of flowers. On our way to the old town we spotted a squirrel, a mocking-jay and lots of other small birds. It's so incredible to find so much nature in the heart of the city!






It was such a beautiful and sunny day, that we even bought some ice cream in a park and walked around looking at those magnificent fortifications!..







For our lunch, we sat down for some American pizza in Pizza Americana. I found the place during my first stay in Tallinn, so I knew that they make quite good pizza, and that small one is enough to fill up bellies of two!


Reval Cafe was a new place to me. We stumbled upon it while searching a place go grab a snack. I liked the atmosphere, the tea they served (my friend praised their coffee), but the sweets were... to sweet. I know it sounds irrational, but somehow the balance of sweetness was quite off... Werner Cafe in Tartu is still unbeaten!



During our sightseeing, we found an apothecary from XV century where you can still buy medication and also visit an exhibition about medieval medicine. At the end of our tour, we went to the Museum of Ecclesiastic Art. This one interested me because of the "Danse Macabre" original by LÃŒbeck. 



That was one intensive day I had! According to my phone, I had walked somewhere around 19k steps that day (that's why my feet were killing me)! I can't stress enough how much I recommend seeing Tallinn, especially now, when everything's becoming so gloriously green!





Photos © Asta Skujytė-Razmienė, Vita D.

Comments