About me

Hi! I am Asta! I am a philologist and a philocalist to the heart's core. Here I share things that I consider being aesthetic and fantastic!

30 Apr 2018

Bye-bye April!

Well this April was one tough month! Full of various events, intense studying, and trying to have some quiet time for myself (not happening, apparently), these past 30 days were like a crazy roller coaster!

If you follow me on Instagram, you probably think that the study part in my feed is quite lacking. Well, don't be deceived by it, because this whole PhD thesis writing business is never ending and always (ALWAYS) in the background of everything I do. And it would be boring to post almost identical photos, because for the last month my workplace looked like this:


But writing aside, this month I even got to talk about my research on our national radio (here's a link to that interview)! It was a whole new experience, since in my previous interviews I've been talking about books or pop culture


This month I've attended Vilnius Whisky Festival! Some pictures and my impressions are here.


While being back in my homeland I did some sightseeing and went to visit Astravas Manor in Biržai (more about that in this post). But before that I went to the flea market and bought some incredible things, like this Harry Potter (new!) mug for... 50 cents! Isn't that incredible?!


With spring advancing so rapidly, sakura trees in Vilnius were in full bloom, so taking a selfie among these beautiful blossoms was unavoidable. I wrote about my traditional Hanami picnic in here


I already have some plans for May, one of them involves going abroad! So stay tuned!




Photos © Things I Like

Comments